Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hectic Life level: yellow

Yay! I think I'll now have time to start working on Spider again. I figured a way to get the beta charsheet up. click HERE

Glaring game deficiencies: magic

Requirements for magic:
Easy to play
Versatile spells

Jargon:
I'm thinking that instead of explaining magic use in terms of amount of energy you can wield (manna) to explain it as your mind/body/soul's capacity to channel that energy, and having the currency be called 'mettle'.

(over?) Simplification:
I've also had in the back of my head for some time, that, I can no longer seem to justify breaking magic into two groups (sorcerers and wizards) and may need to just combine the two.



2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Magic is tough in general to have it be powerful and yet not game breaking so I imagine it's challenging to develop it in the game.

    I've been mulling over trying to put together a Battletech game but their role playing system is convoluted and time consuming. I was considering adapting the core of your system to it, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. definantly do-able. soon as I get my quickstart guide finalised I'll email it to you.

    Also probly be arouond first of march when I can get a game together.

    ReplyDelete