Thursday, March 18, 2010

When it rains it Pours

In the last 24 hours I've been tweaking my Beta Adventure, my skills, and my setting.

Today, the Beta-game

Ok so Yesterday I decided that I didn’t like the way my Beta-Adventure was going, so I decided to save it for another time. Instead Katie and I came up with another quicker, simpler adventure.

The adventure has the potential for two fights and some serious skill checks. It has three definite set-pieces and the plot flows pretty smoothly. I think it will be a lot easier to run, and play. I also think that the simpler design will make extracting data from the Beta tests much easier.

The plot is you and your close friends are travelling by stagecoach to visit your sister in a nearby boomtown.
The adventure starts as you end the first leg of the two leg trip in a small little trading post town. The town consists of a a hitching post a dry-goods store a Coach station and that's the whole thing, oh yeah.. and a Bar. The coach driver says changing out the hoses etc. will take awhile so they won't be departing for about an hour and a half.
(Now what does EVERY party do with an hour to kill with absolutely no character goals? They go to the Saloon.)
Once the saloon shenanigans are over, you re-board the coach and have some adventures on the way; once you arrive in the boomtown you find that a minor tragedy has befallen your family.

So that's the new adventure. I like it alot more. I'll keep the other one and make it a download once Spider is Published.

No comments:

Post a Comment